If you and your partner were both born on or after 6 April 1935, you may be able to claim Marriage Allowance. If either of you were born before 6 April 1935, you’re likely to get more from Married Couple’s Allowance.
You can transfer £1,190 of your Personal Allowance to your spouse or civil partner if:
• your annual income is £11,850 or less
• your partner’s income is between £11,851 and £46,350 (or between £11,851 and £43,430 in Scotland)
• you were born on or after 6 April 1935
This will reduce the amount of tax your partner has to pay. It will usually save them £238.