We can help your company to prepare for an audit. We can advise you if you need an audit and if not, you can save on accountancy fees! The main reasons why you will be required by law to have a statutory audit are:
• Your turnover exceeds £6.5 million or your gross assets exceed £3.26 million, or the company is part of a group that exceeds those limits;
• You are a PLC or a banking, insurance or finance company (or a subsidiary of one of these)
• You are required by your professional or trade organisation to have your accounts audited
• Your shareholders do not agree to opting out of the audit
However, we aim to deliver hassle free audits and there are still good reasons for having an audit even if you are not required by law to have one.
• An audit involves a detailed review of the company’s accounting systems and systems of control and also requires a detailed understanding of the company’s business. Such a review and knowledge can provide increased opportunities to provide proactive business advice on many matters;
• An unqualified audit report can improve the status of the accounts in the eyes of banks and commercial lenders, the tax man and suppliers who may be seeking credit references, etc;
• A history of accounts with clean audit reports can also be a factor if you ever wish to sell the company or, perhaps, take it to the market;
• The possibility of fraud can be reduced and an audit can act as a deterrent to any potential fraudster.